Monday, December 28, 2009

MSG Revisited

I decided to go visit an old friend - an old website that is: Truth In Labeling. When I first accepted the fact that something was not right with Nicolas, I eliminated a lot of ideas in the back of my mind. Then I had to face the harsh reality that perhaps, just maybe - his MMR (which contains MSG) had a little something to do with "it". At that time, I didn't know what "it" was. Anyway - a few months later I realized that Nick has a definite sensitivity to MSG. That's when I stumbled across Truth In Labeling and learned how to read food labels. Hubs realized it too, after Nicolas ate what we were told were "safe" hot dogs. That was last winter and the last time we trusted anyone else with his diet.


I've blabbed about MSG before, here at Created Chaos, but - since MSG is still everywhere, and because I am so tempted during the holidays to eat junk, I thought I might need a little reminder of just exactly what I'm dealing with.

Oh - here is a link to a convenient little flier that you can print out and take with you when you go grocery shopping, so that you can check the labels for MSG. Remember - just because it doesn't say MSG, doesn't mean it's not in the product. Read the label carefully.


IF MSG ISN'T HARMFUL, WHY IS IT HIDDEN?



Alert: H1N1 Vaccines: MedImmune’s H1N1 vaccine contains monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed protein gelatin, and various forms of phosphates. New government studies indicate that about 1 in 100 children have autism disorders. That's up from 1 in 150. And our FDA refuses to take neurotoxic glutamic acid and neurotoxic aspartic acid out of formula fed to infants, out of the food their nursing mothers eat and pass on to them, and out of vaccines where the neurotoxic glutamic acid is mainlined to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment