I found a new cheese at Whole Foods, and by all label appearances -- it looked acceptable. I was surprised.
Bought it. Made it. The boy loves it!
Anyway, back to the glorious cheese!
Daiya - it's...
- Cholesterol free
- Trans Fat free
- Dairy free
- Free of all animal products (Vegan)
- Free of common allergens including:
- Dairy (casein and lactose), soy, gluten, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts (excluding coconut)
- Free of Artificial Ingredients
- Free of Preservatives
- Free of Hormones & Antibiotics
Here's our macaroni and cheese recipe. It's delish. I tried it. I would voluntarily eat it. Good stuff.
- 2 cups cooked Tinkyada pasta, we used spirals
- 1/8 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Wildtree Butter Flavored Grapeseed Oil
- 1 fresh, small garlic clove, pressed
- pinch of lemon pepper and a pinch of salt
- 1 cup plain rice milk
- 1 cup shredded American Daiya Cheese