Thursday, September 3, 2009

Allergy News

A few weeks ago, I had Hubs take Nicolas to complete his allergy tests at our DAN! doctor's lab. All went well (which is unusual) and we have good news and not-so-good news, which I am trying to pretend is good news too.

The good news is that Nick tested negative to environmental molds! I was so worried, since I have allergies to molds. Dogs - negative. Birds - negative. Cats, gerbils, etc. -- all of our pets: negative! Great news...

The bad news that I am still struggling with is that Nick reacted to corn. In fact, I had it re-tested and then "challenged" the corn too, while on vacation (Dumb - very stupid move on my part!) and yes indeed, Nick is allergic to corn.


Oh no, say it isn't so... not corn...


Guess what I use in place of wheat products in muffins, pancakes, breads, etc.?
What yummy snack can I make in the air popper and drizzle with ghee and salt?
What are tortillas, nacho chips, Frito's and quesadillas made from?

C O R N !

Good-bye corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment