Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Adventures in Autism: CDC Vaccine Recommendations in Childhood Hits 70.....

Adventures in Autism: CDC Vaccine Recommendations in Childhood Hits 70.....: "Ding! Ding! Ding! America wins a prize!!! CDC wants your child to have 70 vaccines by the time they are 18 years old! 70! ...50 of those..."


I have been meaning to post about this...  it still shocks and disturbs me.  It's been almost 2 months since this news came out and I am still weak in the knees.  

ACIP  =  The  Advisory Committee of Immunization Practices

Now that my summer bloggie break is over, I am re-acquainting myself with the feelings of sadness, shock, disbelief and some fear.  Might as well admit it -- it's scary!

Yet...  there is still hope.  Without knowing all this "stuff",  I would be just as ignorant as the next person...  and, my real hope, my very, very real hope is in God.  Yes, all this "stuff" that we learn about is heavy - really heavy.  Using an old word -- burden...  or in this case, burdens or worries.  Or maybe even call them concerns...  whatever I call them, there is an action I take, in my heart.  I have to try to let go of the worry and ask God to take it from me.  Turn it over, let it go, turn the burden over...  it all means the same thing.

I am but a mere mortal mom and cannot carry the weight of this negativity.  I do believe that the Maker can though.  The following old hymn goes through my head sometimes.  Reminds me of when I was a child and sat next to my grandmother on Sunday mornings, in a little country church... just like you hear about. . .  and old hymns bring comfort to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment