Monday, February 1, 2010

I Can Fix A Lot of Things...

It's true - I can fix a lot of things. I am pretty versatile (if I don’t say so myself).


And it is true: I can fix a crooked haircut, a broken fingernail, broken toys, lots of broken or imperfect items. As a parent, I am always fixing and maintaining THINGS. I can put air in my tires, mow the lawn, weed the gardens, groom the dogs, clean the windows, put salt in the water softener; and even make my wrinkles and gray hair disappear (with software).

I remember the first time I heard,
"I can fix a lot of things, but - I can't fix stupid". I thought it was a little crass or insensitive. Do I still? Well... I kinda like that little saying now, actually - especially when I consider that most people are ignorant of just what vaccines can do to their children. Their ignorance is what keeps them "safe"; but - are they? ((Sigh))


People want to save the whales...

They want to save the seals...

Save whatever is cute and squeals.

But - delay immunizations?

((Deer in the headlight look...))

Or, consider that there might be a connection to food and your child's behavior?


Yeah - right. ((Oh, I feel some attitude coming on... don't you?))


It's never important until it happens to you...


More than ever before, my need to pray is great. It is time-consuming and most of all... it is absolutely necessary. No matter how hard I work or manipulate situations, I cannot make things work out. And, it's tough.



It's been well over a couple of years since Nicolas' "change" and 15 months since our intervention. I am encouraged by his progress and as much as it hurts to look back at what has happened to him, I look forward to getting him even healthier this year. With God's help, we continue to go forward and heal. For today, I will only worry about the things I can control and fix. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment