Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fatty Acids for Brain Health

I am crazy busy. Homeschool, spring cleaning, getting ready for a garage sale, clients and volunteering... I have to try to enjoy these times and I keep telling myself "gotta love it!". The only other alternative is to go crazy. So - I'm lovin' it.

I have orders coming in all week from Vitacost and Kirkman. That's kind of exciting, actually when I consider that without supplements, I wouldn't have half of the son that I have. What I mean to say is that the supplements help him more than I ever thought they would.

I switch supplements often, as I am continually "tweaking" Nick's diet and fine tuning his recovery. One product I am thankful for that is organic, GF-CF, sugar free and tastes good, in particular, is Nick's Barlean's Organic Omega Swirl. The kids call it "lemon pudding". It's good. In fact, it's better than good and tastes exactly like my grandmother's lemon meringue pie. No - not kidding.



Nick can't swallow pills/capsules, so if he is willing to take the lemon pudding, I am willing to give it daily! It is rich in vital and essential Omega-3 fatty acids, which, if you recall - are necessary for healthy brain function.



Here's what their website says:

Packed with essential Omega-3s, Omega Swirl was created to nutritionally support:
  • Heart Health* (Gotta take care of the ticker - right?)
  • Healthy Cholesterol Levels* (Had them tested lately?)
  • Joint Mobility & Bone Density* (Very, very important...)
  • Energy & Endurance* (To put up with screaming kids...)
  • Skin, Hair & Nail Health* (Yes, even though it may not look like it, I do color my hair monthly!)
  • Mental Health, Wellness and Acuity* (Save what's left...)
  • Healthy Blood Glucose* (To avoid those cravings for something like cheesecake or pecan pie, perhaps?)
  • Sexual & Hormonal Health (Hugh?)

1 comment:

  1. wondering - do you think this will then actually help someone with Diabetes to lower their blood sugar levels? very interesting if so! I have diabetes type 2 and love to hear about new ways to lower my levels naturally! I am doing all I can to try to be able to stop taking the medication for it!

    ReplyDelete