Monday, October 5, 2009

Numbers, Sad Numbers

October 5th? ((sigh))

I don't blog as much I used to. School takes up much of my time. For example...

I accidentally gave Nick food with corn syrup in it last Monday night and it was OBVIOUS within 20 minutes! We went out to eat at a Mongolian grill - had them cook Nick's food in the back, not on the cross contaminated grill. No corn oil; used canola. Used all the fresh veggies & meat. It was the sauce! I hadn't realized that what was once a safe sauce, was before we knew about Nick's corn allergy. (Tongue twister?) Sure, it was gluten-free, MSG-free and dairy-free. But - not corn free...

Nicolas was a mess the whole next day ((school should have been canceled)) and then, on Wednesday, guess what I did? Just as he was starting to come back to his "normal" self, I fed him the leftovers from Monday night! Oh yes I did! It was then, that I actually came to realize the connection with his behavior. Wow - it was noticeable, to say the least.

I don't spend as much time over at Age of Autism as I used to. It's depressing, right now, for me to have to learn anything new. I am living with all I can handle right now and my dog is getting old.

Yes, I said that my dog is getting old. She's 16 and I am content to have her by my side while all the chaos goes on around me. She just hangs out and keeps an eye on me, in between naps, that is.

Autism Prevalence Now At 1 in 91 Children, 1 in 58 Boys
SafeMinds Calls For A Ban on Thimerosal from Seasonal and H1N1 Flu Vaccines In Pregnant Women and Young Children


Now then - to end on a positive note: School is much better this year, than it was last year. :)

BTW - this is day number 18 (maybe 17) without coffee. No coffee for the last 2 1/2 weeks! I made it past my previous record of 15 days. This is the 4th time I have quit in the last 24 years. I don't know, but - maybe it will be my last time? I dunnooooooooo... I am still craving it and am not in the clear yet. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment