Saturday, January 24, 2009

Silly Saturday

I need something silly.

I am tired of reading, researching and thinking.

Shopping would be perfect! If I had some money to spend...

This might be the first time EVER that I didn't hit the stores for after-Christmas sales. I seem to still be alive - so, I guess I will live on without shopping.



I like this picture.

I think I like it because it reminds me that I don't always see myself the way I really am. Which - on some days, could go either way! Some days, I feel like the worst mom in the world. Some days I feel like the worst wife in the world. Other days, the worst friend. And, on some days - I feel like all of the above! I know I am not a failure; but - I feel like I am failing.

So what. Big deal. Whether I fail or not doesn't really have a whole lot to do with anything. God will fulfill His purpose in me. He won't turn His back on me and He's promised to never leave me. He is on my side.

Just knowing this helps to get things back in to perspective!



It is kinda silly - isn't it? How our circumstances can dictate how I feel about myself. If my heavenly Father says that I am victorious... well then... I guess I'd better start acting like it. And talking like it. And - living like it too!



After all, there are other people counting on me, even if they don't know it!

All that stress and doubt... it's silly now that I have had a nice talk with myself. So much for a silly Saturday.

I know many poeple look to Psalm 23 as a source of comfort, especially at a time of loss. I like this poetic psalm year-round!

The Lord is my shepherd...


God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

Psalm 23 - The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment