Wednesday, February 25, 2009

High Fructose Corn Syrup Update

Old news... this is old news. Although this is several weeks old, somehow I missed posting this.

I think I was probably learning about gluten, casein and rice milk. I should be in bed. I'm not, obviously. Can I just tell you my old news? (Please?)

There's mercury in high fructose corn syrup.

I keep thinking back to all the caramel corn that Nicolas and I used to eat...


High fructose corn syrup is contaminated with mercury.


Check out this list of mercury detected in 55 brand name foods and beverages high in HFCS. Look at the BBQ sauces... I made home made BBQ sauce tonight with organic agave nectar to sweeten some tomatoes. I am 99% sure we didn't ingest any mercury.

For ASD kids, this is bad news... most of them are already battling an overload of toxins.




Mercury is a toxic heavy metal. The American Academy of Pediatrics says mercury also is an “ubiquitous environmental toxin that causes a wide range of adverse health effects in humans. Three forms of mercury (elemental, inorganic, and organic) exist, and each has its own profile of toxicity.”1 In other words, any form of mercury is toxic and the safest exposure to mercury is none at all.
Read more in the Washington Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment